Australian Adventure


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Fremantle
October 3rd 2014
Published: October 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hi travel followers.

Here is our latest travel update from our Australian Adventures.

Today we find ourselves at Fremantle / Western Australia after a couple of stops at Yanchep (3 days) and Perth (4 days). Our stop at Yanchep wasn't the greatest as the weather was atrocious and there wasn't a great deal to see in the local area. It was a good opportunity however to hit the shopping centres and restock with groceries etc.

From Yanchep we moved the 60km short distance down the coast to Perth where we spent a day at the Royal Perth Show (got my dagwood dog fix) and then another day just walking around the city. While we were here we took the opportunity to catch up on an old friend (Gabby) partner Sean and lovely daughter Erin. We were invited around for a lovely baked dinner with them which turned out to be a lovely evening. Thanks Gabby!!!

As mentioned above, we then moved on again ever further down the Western Australian coast to Fremantle where the weather has been spectacular, so we took the opportunity yesterday to visit Rottnest Island. Part of the ticket package we took was the Rottnest Adventure 90 minute thrill ride which took us out to sea to see whales and down to the western end of the island to visit the New Zealand Fur Seal colony. The ride itself was great fun as it was aboard a high powered jet boat much like the jet boat rides you see in New Zealand. Jumping some of the ocean swells was pretty exciting.

After the thrill ride we then hired some push bikes and took the road that circumnavigated the island (roughly 15kms) to visit all the beautiful bays and coves around the island plus the salt water lakes through the middle etc. The island itself has a huge colony of Quokkas (see photos) which are very friendly and allow you to get up close and personal.

Hope you like the pictures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.1107s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb