Australian Adventure


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Margaret River
October 10th 2014
Published: October 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hi travel followers.

Well as usual we have been on the move ever further down the West Australian coast and are now at the very bottom (Leeuwin Lighthouse near Augusta) and ready to turn left and start heading East again.

After leaving Freemantle and Rottnest Island we did the short 60km trip to Mandurah and spent a couple of days looking around there. It is a nice, reasonably large town with all the required facilities including a Bunnings so that I could get my fix. We also did a bit of a drive into the hinterland to a couple of small timber towns called Pinjarra and Dwellingup. Absolutely beautiful countryside.

From Mandurah we then did another 60km trip down to Bunbury for another couple of days and I must say this area had quite a bit to see and do including another trip into the hinterland to view the King Jarrah Tree which is apparently over 400 years old. On the same trip we then headed for Gnomesville. That's right "Gnomesville". It is a whole miniature city on the side of the road made up of thousands upon thousands of every type of gnome you could think of. Apparently anyone who is travelling through adds their own gnome and touch to the town/collection. See photos.

The following day we headed the short distance down to Busselton for a visit to the longest jetty in the Southern Hemisphere. 1800 meters long. Absolutely beautiful spot and a beautiful day to go with it.

From Bunbury we the travelled another 100kms further south to the beautiful town of Margaret River (a renowned WA and Australian wine district) we are now here for a few days to take in all the area has to offer like Augusta, Leeuwin Lighthouse, the Karri Forest (Giant Red Woods) and as many of the Limestone Caves the area has to offer like Calgardup Cave, Mammoth Cave, Jewel Cave and Lake cave. All very spectacular in their own right, But my favourite was Jewel Cave.

Today we are heading out towards the north to take in a few wineries, Cheese and chocolate factories and the towns of Cowaramup, Dunsborough, Yallingup and Gracetown.

Hope you like the photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Busselton Jetty.Busselton Jetty.
Busselton Jetty.

1800 meters long
The bottom of WAThe bottom of WA
The bottom of WA

Where the Indian and Great Southern Oceans meet.


11th October 2014

Wow
Photos are fabulous!! I remember seeing the gnomes on tele last week. ? On Better Homes. I love the Tuart forest, the wild flowers and emus and the caves and Bunbury. The long jetty looks interesting too. I must take a walk on that. Enjoy. X
13th October 2014

Thanks Sue
The scenery and spectacular places never end. What a country we live in.

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb