Leaving Freo at last!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Fremantle
June 1st 2005
Published: July 2nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

The Old Firestation Backpackers HostelThe Old Firestation Backpackers HostelThe Old Firestation Backpackers Hostel

Our Haven for THREE weeks!!
Ok... time has run away with me. I'll do my best to update without boring!

During our time in Fremantle, we had two tours of the prison... the first was a scary ghostly torchlight night tour with some other hostelers. We were given a reduced rate for a daylight tour so we went back a week later and were taken on a 'Great Escapes' tour. It was fascinating learning how prisoners plotted escape routes, knocked through walls etc.

In an attempt to keep fit, we force ourselves to swim or jog a few times a week. A children's playground near the Old Firestation proved most useful for pull-ups, press-ups and allsorts - even in the rain!! It was lovely having a beached section to jog next to.

We made a few feeble attempts at car shopping, deciding we couldn't end up in Freo for months on end, as many travellers do!! Taking advice from Richard, a cool guy at the hostel (whom James met in the shower ooooh!), we arranged for a mechanic called Gavin to drive us round, looking at possible cars. Gavin was fabulous; he could tell if a car was worth buying from the sound
Party!Party!Party!

James and me out in an Irish pub with some other backpackers, having a boogy!
of the engine. If he still wasn't sure, he opened up the engine (under the passenger seat!!), used his magic Co2 tester, or jacked the car up to check axles and allsorts!!

Having almost lost hope, at 4pm on Monday 13th June, we purchased Tessie the Toyota Tarago for $1650!! With the added payment for Gav, the car cost around $2000, but we have the reassurance that she should last us!!

Oh, I have also taken to making lil beady bracelets, which gets on James' nerves once in a while but gives me something to fiddle with!!

Enough for now... on with the adventure!! Woo!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Dudes!Dudes!
Dudes!

Old Firestation buddies woo!
Boogy Wonderland!Boogy Wonderland!
Boogy Wonderland!

Me dancing crazy with Richard!
Our first sitings!Our first sitings!
Our first sitings!

The first few kanagroos we saw were not like the next few... in that they were alive. Not the cleverest, they often leap in front of vehicles. Luckily we have a ROO BAR!!


11th July 2005

The Carzy Dancing brings back Essex memories
Hey there Chick. Had my own crazy dancing in Fiji. Only one on the dance floor. The bar had run out of beer so we got out our bottle of Fijian Vodka. I´m sure no one will forget it in a hurry. Very sweaty betty!
19th July 2005

surprised you were sober enough to remember where you were or why you were there.

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb