21st - 22nd July 2012 (Coral Bay - Exmouth)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Exmouth
July 22nd 2012
Published: July 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post


DAYS ON THE ROAD = 22


Saturday 21st July 2012

The day has arrived where we have to leave the bay and I don't know where the last two weeks have gone. Needless to say we finish packing up everything, have a coffee with mum and dad and say a sad farewell as we head off to our next destination, Exmouth.

We arrive in Exmouth in good time and setup our basic setup (including the satellite, LOL) as we are only in this caravan park for a couple of nights. We head off to the shops to get some food for tonight’s dinner. Our Waeco freezer had certainly been earning its money over the last three weeks in keeping our food nice and frozen. We were really good whilst at the shops as when seeing that Brumby's was in town we decided not to wet our appetite with a jam donut. I buy a roast macadamia chicken roll and decide to cook a roast, with tatties and pumpkin. I try it out in my electric banquet fry pan and I'm even impressed at how well it came out, will definitely do that again.

Tonight the park is putting on a movie as it's still the school holidays and we all rock up with our chairs, blankets and snacks to watch Garfield, the kids just loved it and sat with their friends that they had made that day. Oh to be a kid again when it was so easy to make friends and where life is alot simpler and no bullshit to worry about.

Fact File

No free camping in Exmouth, $1000 penalty if caught!



Sunday 22nd July 2012

Supposed to have gotten up and gone for a run but I haven't been sleeping too well lately so I gave it a miss. Got woken up by the magnitude of birds in the park, such a lovely sound to listen to. There are some lovely little birds in the park that are quite tame and hop onto your table whilst you are there. Not much happened today, the girls had abit of schooling to do today but it was not as productive as I had hoped but I suppose we are going to get days like that.

It's actually raining today, which is a nice change as this is only our second rainy day in 22 days. Not bad going.

We're heading off tomorrow into Cape Range National Park to spend three nights on the Ningaloo Reef, so I'm really looking forward to that. It will be interesting to see how long our battery and water in the caravan will last. We have a solar panel, so I'm hoping it will be enough to run everything whilst we are out there. We will also be out of range for mobile and internet so I won't be posting anything until we head back into Exmouth on Thursday.

Until then happy reading my blog.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb