Christmas Cheer


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Exmouth
December 19th 2007
Published: December 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Turtle SeasonTurtle SeasonTurtle Season

There are heaps of turtles on the beach at the moment, they are nesting at night. Very cool.
Hello Hello,

Just realised that it has been ages since i last wrote. Lots to report. We are still here in Exmouth, haven't left since my last blog. Therefore, we've been doing much of the same -relaxing and enjoying the sun. Thankfully, the weather has cooled down and the temperature is pretty much exactly as i like, high 20's-mid 30's. Tim has been doing heaps of fishing, and we have been eating like wealthy Japanese (eg. Coral Trout, Spanish Mackeral, Tuna etc) So all the fish has been counteracting all the chocolate i've been having for dessert, or so i tell myself.
I have just accepted a job in Perth as a Project Officer for WANADA (WA Network for Alcohol & Drug Agenencies). The role is basically looking at ways of developing the AOD sector to better deal with clients with both AOD and mental health issues. So i'll be taking a break from client work, and dealing with professionals, that will be a nice change. The job also involves travel, so i'm stoked about that. I decided not to go ahead with the Darwin interviews, couldn't be bothered doing the preparation and wasn't overly keen on moving there.....will have to break out of this lazy mode soon.
So, we will be moving to Perth. I start my job on the 21st of Jan. Tim has an interview for a fantastic job with Rio Tinto (Tom Price mine) on 14/1, so we are hoping that goes well. If he gets the job, it will be 2 weeks on 1 week off, flying in and out of Perth. In light of that, we are looking at share house options, so i won't be so lonely while he is away.
But i plan on keeping busy anyways. Need to get back into the gym, and am thinking seriously about going back to uni to do post grad Psychology. That should keep me occupied. Only crap thing is, i really wanted to get a dog and it is sooooooooo hard to find rental places that will accept pets, it sucks!!!
What else??
I had a really bad hair cut last week, and now i have an even bigger boof!!!!!!!! Ah small town salons.

My Dad and bro's flight to Exmouth got cancelled so they will now be stranded in Perth on Xmas day with nothing to do, and will arrive in
Photo 1Photo 1Photo 1

It was so hot he came to get a drink near out tent
Exmouth on Boxing Day. Spewing. So we will be having an Orphans Xmas with our new friends here at the park.

I hadn't heard from my Mum in a little while and called home on Monday to tell her my good news, only to find out that she was in hospital with Septacemia and Pneumonia. Needless to say, it came as a nasty shock and i was a bit of a mess. She had been very sick and was in hospital for a week but is on the mend now, thank heavens. That's the problem with being out of mobile phone range..aahh.

I think that's it. Just wanted to wish you all a huge Happy Xmas and a safe and Merry New Year!! Hopefully i'll all be set up by the end of Jan and so will be waiting for visitors!!! Will also plan a trip home sometime in the first few months of next year, so would be great to catch up with everyone then.
Hope Santa is kind to you all!
Big hugs
x Mel




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Roxy girlRoxy girl
Roxy girl

I've been babysitting her, isn't she lovely? Such good company when i go for my runs on the beach!


Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb