Exmouth, WA


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Exmouth
October 16th 2007
Published: October 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey!! So we've been in Exmouth for over a week now and we really love this place. Turquoise Bay has surpassed all of the other beaches we've seen far, in terms of beauty. Simply stunning. The whitest of sand, and the colour of the water is perfectly turquoise. The snorkelling off the beach is also pretty amazing, with an abundance of coloured coral and fish life. Tari and his girlfriend left us this morning after 2 weeks, so it's back to the two of us. It was great for Tim and Tari to catch up after not having seen each other in ages, and they did heaps of brotherly bonding whilst enjoying their favourite thing - fishing!!!! This in turn allowed Jo and I to do some really girly stuff, like watch Sex and the City DVD's on a mattress under the trees . Nice.

What else?? MMMM.
The other day we went diving at Navy Pier, rated one of the top 10 dives sites in the world. I can understand why. There were literally thousands of fish, of all varieties. Massive schools swimming around us, not shy at all. The highlight was definitely the grey nurse sharks!!!
We also went to the Murion Islands the other day where we were lucky enough to see hundreds of sea turtles entering the shallows to mate. We saw heaps of them all beached on the sand after what looked like a very strenous day of procreating. They were obviously preparing to nest, very cool!! Jo and i spent a few hours on the island (completely alone) and simply enjoyed the sun, sand and yet another spectacular beach while the boys took off in the boat for a few more hours of 'hunter gatherer' as they like to refer to it.
Today i went out fishing with Tim. Thankfully the fishing is a lot more exciting here than back home so i don't get bored as easily. Plus there is always so much else going on like turtles or sharks swimming past. We were really lucky today as we got to witness an impressive show of aqua stunts by a huge Humpback whale and her calf. We have seen plenty of whales since we have been here, but not within such close range. They were literally only 50mt away from us and we tracked them for a while and watched in awe as they dove deep and soared out of the water. It looked as though the mother was teaching her calf how to remove barnacles, so amazing, we were both speechless. The photos don't really do it justice.
We will likely be here until Saturday when we will travel north to Karijini NP where the gorges and scenery are said to be beautiful. I guess the next few days will be filled with more snorkelling, beaches and fishing. Anyways, thanks to all those who emailed. Missing everyone heaps and sending lots of hugs.
big love to you all
xx
ps. sorry for all the fish photos, Tim doesn't have his own blog!


katie- could you please show this to dad and shaun, tim wants to get them revved up for xmas, thanks dude
carly- so missing our talks, hate not having a phone
lee- how are you and the family?? haven't heard from you in ages
jana - really missing the walks, so are my thighs
donna- dude, you guys are the one thing missing from this camping picture
rebecca- any news on a new place, how's the boxing going??
voyager's - miss you guys, don't work too hard


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



17th October 2007

pretty damn sweet pics, can send you some pics of work but it wouldn't really be the same

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb