hiking and bush camping


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Esperance
January 11th 2011
Published: January 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Up early this morning and One group was doing a longer harder hike and the other group was doing the Frenchman’s peak hike which although it was shorter was straight up a mountain. I decided to do the Frenchman’s peak hike. Surprisingly I was able to make it up the mountain. I just went slow and took my time. There is no set path up the mountain but there are markers to show you which way to go. It was not easy as some parts were really steep.

After the hike we headed back to the campsite to wait for the others to get back. We had lunch and then headed off. We stopped in Esperance again and then we were off to a bush camp. Basically a bush camp has no facilities or anything. It was fun though. We had a bush bbq which was delicious! One of the aussie guys on the trip (Steven) was obsessed with making s’mores since he saw it on tv haha. Sadly they don’t really have graham crackers here or marshmallows like ours. But they turned out ok.

We had a campfire and a few of us sat around chatting away under the stars. We saw quite a few kangaroos hopping around in the trees around us but they didn’t come close to us at all.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb