El Questro


Advertisement
Published: June 4th 2016
Edit Blog Post

There were many more activities at El Questro and walks to do but we did not have the time or money.
We did spend a night at the bar being entertained by the live performance of a fabulous guitar player, Adam Matthews. And time in the pool.

Some more walks we did do;

Jebedee Springs. - Class 1
An easy start, we visited the very popular thermal pools at 6.45am to bet the crowds. The air temperature already 23 degrees. A short 50metre walk lined with Livistona Palms. A natural Oasis set at the base os sheer cliffs.
A permanent thermal Spring fed via a fault line from a supply of water deep with in the earth. The water temperature was between
28 - 32 degrees celsius.
The surrounded by the King Leopald Sandstone cliffs which are believed to be upto 1800 million years ild.
A relaxing 1/2 an hour.

Amelia Gorge. - Class 4
The early part of the 3.4km walk was not shaded, but the further into the valley the more shaded it became.
Just before the permanent half pool there was a difficult thin shelf walk area we had to squat and watch our heads whilst walking on a 80cm shelf with a 4 metre drop. At the end of the walk was a 100metre waterfall and a large 100metre square pool, which we crossed and sat under the fall. Cane Toads inhabiting the rocks under the waterfall.
On return to the 1/2 way pool the boys and Ally jumped off the 2metre rocks into the deep area.
An enjoyable walk.

Emma Gorge -Class 4
This walk is apparently one of the Kimberly's most well known.
We performed this walk on our departure from El Questro.
The trail commences at the El Questro Hotel/Resort further East on the Gibb River Road.
A not too difficult, mostly shady walk, along a stream with some pools. Climbing ferns along the trail which lead to a huge water fall and large pool with three sides enclosed at the end. The water that trickles under the fern cliff face was little warmer than the rest of the pool.
We were glad to have started early as the crowds soon gathered as we were walking out.


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb