From Mandurah to Port Dennison


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Dongara
September 20th 2019
Published: September 23rd 2019
Edit Blog Post

We packed the car early this morning and left Mandurah at 8.15 to travel north up to Perth and then on up the Indian Ocean Drive to our rented accommodation at Port Dennison near Dongara, where we will spend the next four days.

Our morning coffee stop was at Yanchep next to a wonderful azure blue sea. Coffee was accompanied by egg and bacon rolls. The weather was cool but sunny.

We stopped at Cervantes where the lookout provided views over the rugged vegetation to the turquoise ocean. There are extraordinary flowers and plants hidden in the thick bush.

The main Port of call was at the Pinnacles, in Nambung National Park, where we walked among these strange and incredible natural phenomenons. Probably the ancient forest has been turned to stone and exposed by the wind over many centuries forming many thousands of limestone stumps which stick up from mustard coloured sand dunes. There is continuing discussions about how these extraordinary geological forms were created millions of years ago. It is one of the most unusual walks we have ever done.

Our accommodation at Rock pool beach house overlooks the marina and the sea. We look forward to exploring more of the wildflower areas.

We are not sure how good the Internet connection will be so our blogs may be a little irrational.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



23rd September 2019

Sporadic?
Lovely to hear about your travels. "We are not sure how good the Internet connection will be so our blogs may be a little irrational." perhaps you mean sporadic? or infrequent?

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0302s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb