Derby


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Derby
September 23rd 2009
Published: September 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

21-9-09 Off to Derby today, first off Dr’s for Den for results of blood tests at 8am, His iron level is still high, the same & all other tests are within normal range, so he has to have another blood test in 4 weeks & keep an eye on his weight & see another Dr who may recommend to see a Gastro specialist at Perth, still . Dens not worried so we will see what happens. We had a good trip to Derby & arrived around lunchtime & booked in to Kimberley Entrance Caravan Park $29 per night. The park has big shady sites (no grass as too dry at the moment) but the sites are gravel, not red dust. We set up, had lunch & took off to see “The Sights”, Derby is a small town & its main attraction is the Derby Wharf & Jetty & is a base to do tours from. We went out to see The Boab Prison Tree which is 1500 years old, The Myall Bore & Cattle Trough, Frosty’s Pool which was built for the soldiers in World War 2 to cool off in. Derby has the best Boab trees we have seen, then we went to see the Old Derby Goal & then out to the Derby Wharf, as it was high tide of 10.5 mt’s, the water was lapping the shore & it was very muddy. I was expecting the nice blue, green water of Broome but because of the mud flats that surround Derby the water is very brown. After doing a lap of town it was back to the park for happy hour & to make a few calls. That done we got tea & watched TV & had an early night as looking forward to our Horizontal Falls trip tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.333s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.2947s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb