Day 2 - Denham


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Denham
June 25th 2006
Published: July 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today we went to the most beautiful Kalbarri National park where Sandy (the driver) took us on a hair raising ride down a very bumpy dirt track, we climbed down the gorge (all european anal health and safety requrements out of the window!), we abseiled and swam in the gorge.
Nature's window was by far the most beautiful event of my trip, absolutely stunning. We raced an emu along the road for a bit and held a baby one at a road house on the way. We also vistited the Stramatolites - the reason we are all here, again beautiful. Then we arrived in the infamous Denham!
Its funny how you can be sitting in a hot tub in a remote part of the world and come across someone you went to school with over 10 years ago....thats what Will and I did - What a small world! Denham is fantastic, the Hostel (Bay Lodge) is the centre of the world, owned by the infamous John who has brought the UK to Australia. We watched the England v Equador match, otherwise there would have been a trip to the hot springs (where the water for the hot tub, on the back of a lorry, came from).
all in all a very beautiful day

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb