Day 4 Perth to Broome - Coral Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Coral Bay
April 16th 2012
Published: April 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today was a free day to spend doing whatever we wanted in Coral Bay. A few of the group decided to go on trip to swim with manta rays but we had heard that you need to be a strong swimmer to keep up with the ray as they move pretty fast, so we decided to opt out of that one and spend our money on the whale sharks later in the trip instead. So instead we got up at a more leisurely hour of 7am and went for a run along the coast to the jetty in coral bay. We then decided to have a relaxing day on the beach. The coastline off Coral Bay is home to Ningaloo reef which is the only fringing reef in the world - meaning that you can swim to the reef right off the beach. We took a walk along the shore line in the morning and had lots of little fishes swimming around our toes as well a Blue Spotted Ray trying to hide itself in the sand as we walked through the shallows. We spent the rest of the morning swimming and sunbathing on the beach and later in the afternoon Jo hired a snorkel and headed out to check out the reef while Will teased the larger fish that were swimming in the shallows. Jo also perfected how to dive under the water to check out some of the fishes, but she is yet to master the breathing part and so swallowed a couple of mouthfuls of salt water!After a full day on the beach we headed back to meet the rest of the group at the hostel and boarded the bus for a short drive to Exmouth.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb