Coral Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Coral Bay
July 15th 2009
Published: July 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Coral Bay 26th - 29th June

Coral Bay was beautiful - shame we couldn't say the same about the weather. It's the kind of place where you need hot sunshine to enjoy the beach and snorkeling. When we first arrived the weather was lovely and we had a great day and a half on the beach, swimming and snorkeling. There were some beautiful fish. Then it got a bit cloudy and not so warm. Pete and Jan, our Aussie friends, arrived on our site and we spent a day 4x4 driving around the sand dunes and beaches with them - great fun in their landrover. We had to rescue some guys who had got their 4x4 stuck on the beach with the tide rapidly coming in. Rob and Pete got a special towing strop and pulled them free, just in the nick of time. Minutes later the tide was over the car's tracks.

Later that same day we drove in the landrover further up the coast and Rob and I saw a huge black wildcat - about 4 x the size of a domestic cat. A local ranger told us that the feral cats can grow to this size - it must have been the size of a small lynx. Very exciting.




Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Letting down the tyresLetting down the tyres
Letting down the tyres

Ready to go on the sand dunes
After the rescueAfter the rescue
After the rescue

The sea quickly filling the tyre marks
Rob and PeteRob and Pete
Rob and Pete

"Is that a shark out there?"


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb