Cervantes


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Cervantes
December 2nd 2008
Published: December 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today we have realised how far the distances are going North of Perth - very long and borring roads!!
Found the only campsite in the area called "the Pinnacles Caravan park". It is right on the beach - literally!
We then went to see The Pinnacles in the Nambung National Park. These are thousands of limestone pillars in amoungst the sand dunes. No-one really knows why there are so many in this one area or what exactly they are. There are a couple of theories but are still being looked into. They have been covered and uncovered many times over the 100 000's of years. The last time they were uncovered was 6 000 years ago, then re-covered, and now re-exposed for about 100 years.
We then went back in the evenng around 7 to get some views and photos of them in the sunset with a swiss girl called Sarah who was on her own!
Saw a wild Kangaroo, 2 Emu's and a blue tongue lizard along the way!



Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

The Pinnacles & Sand dunesThe Pinnacles & Sand dunes
The Pinnacles & Sand dunes

The sand dunes come really far inland - again they don't know the reason. In the back ground you can see them and then the sea!


Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb