Carnarvon & the Gascoyne River WA


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Carnarvon
October 26th 2009
Published: October 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

24-10-09 Well today we are having an easy day, Den went to get a Battery box & leads to put the 2nd box under the bed. The Gold Coast V8 car races were on & Den had a lovely avo watching the races & I had a nana nap. We had tea & I caught up on my blag & diary, after watching TV we went to bed.

25-10-09 Today we went to get some fresh vegies from the “Veggie Trail” & we could not believe that the marketer’s get their water from a dry looking Gascoyne River (no water in it at all on the surface). But what happens the water seeps through the sand on the river & stores water below & they use pumps to draw the water out by bores (amazing). There are heaps of fresh fruit & veg markets beside the road & it is all an honour box. After getting the veggies we could we went to Chinamen’s Pool then to River Gum’s Café where we had the most decadent Banana Split & I had a Mango & banana ice cream sundae. We then made our way back to the van & had lunch & Den watched the races & I had a nap as I had been up since 4am. It started to sprinkle rain, the first we have had since leaving Corey & Val’s in Chinchilla 5 months ago. We had lots of lightning & thunder, Annie was not happy. We have to go to the Dr’s tomorrow at 3pm till we see the results of Dens blood tests .

26-10-09 We woke up & it is still raining & muggy, 25 deg today. Today Den did some maintenance on a few things & checked the lights on the van as we have to get a roadworthy tomorrow morning. I cleaned the van & then we went to the Gascoyne Hotel for lunch & a couple of drinks , which was very nice. We then went grocery shopping & we stocked up on wine & beer, & then off to the Dr’s. Den got a really good result, his iron level is normal & he just has to have another test in a month to check it. The Dr thinks he may have had an infection somewhere & it took a while to go. We came back to the van & I unpacked all the grocery’s & meat while Den went to have a noise checked in the back spring in the car. The suspension guy could not see anything wrong so hopefully there is just dirt in it or something. The rain has stopped so hope it has gone now. We then had a n easy tea & went to bed early. Off again tomorrow, to head down to Denham & Monkey Mia, we may stop at the Gladstone beach freebie on the way , if the weather is OK.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0808s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb