Day 7 1905km into the journey


Advertisement
Published: June 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Mistakenly, we didn't set an alarm for this morning. Luckily I woke up so we set off in a rush to get to Monkey Mia in time for the dolphin feed. It was well worth the journey, standing ankle deep in the sea the dolphins swam right up to us, they even tilt on thier sides to have a look at you. Also one of the babys was in a very playfull mood and kept jumping out of the water. It was just great, I love them!

Heading back we stopped at Denham but there wasn't much there and also in Carnavon, but again not too much there to see apart from the 1 mile jetty and the old steam train.

Tonights destination was another free camp spot called "Lydon River Rest Area" so we plowed on to get ther before dark. On the way we saw eagles, ferrel goats, and station cows. The eagles were so big I though they were a kangaroo sat at the side of the road!

Arriving at our night spot we were quite literally in the middle of no-where with nothing to be seen but bush and a dried up river! Atleast there were others here with us!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



3rd July 2008

dolphins!
aaw how cute is that baby dolphin laura u lucky cow honestly i wanna fly over i need a holiday!yr pics are amazing!x

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0646s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb