18 March - 2 April 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Bunbury
April 2nd 2012
Published: April 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Relaxing times were had at the house sit in Bunbury over the past two weeks. The house was very comfortable and the dogs kept us entertained but also on our toes as we tried to keep them from barking and disturbing the entire street. Amazing how much noise two little creatures can make.....the sound of a feather landing on a pillow would set them off!

Rachel also did a fantastic job giving one of the dogs medication that she clearly did not want to take. It was a little game in the end and the little pill would be strategically placed among some various meat pieces and then we sat with fingers crossed that it wasn't spat straight back out again.

Being relatively close to the city we took the opportunity to have the van serviced and get fitted with new tyres that will hopefully take us all the way on our journey up and around the top end.

The fitness regime went up a notch and we slowly started increasing the distance we were running with the end game being a five kilometre 'fun run' for charity at Australind on Sunday, 1 April. We made it through with flying colours although I was not feeling as well as I should have been. I am guessing this was mainly to do with my preparation strategy the night before which largely consisted of consuming beer and potato chips. I had set myself for a healthy night but, well, it was Saturday night and there are only 52 of those to take advantage of every year.

The running over the last fortnight has had us feeling fitter and happier and that was one of our main aims when we started our journey. We did the majority of our running program from a path at the top of a local Bunbury beach overlooking the Indian Ocean. Always easier to get motivated with picturesqure surroundings.

After the owners returned today (2 April) we set off back towards Pinjarra as previously planned. The plan didn't turn out as well as expected as for the first time this year we were thwarted by constant heavy rain and we had to deal with a very water logged campsite. What to do in cold and wet weather? Coffee and chocolate mousse cake was the answer and it brightened a grey and gloomy day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb