3 April 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » York
April 3rd 2012
Published: April 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After a spot of breakfast we decided to cut our losses and move on from Pinjarra. We headed back towards Perth and the first pit stop of the day was in Armadale. It was a nice enough place to visit but there was nothing standing out to warrant an overnight stay............nothing to see here people, move along.

The weather was clearing and there was still unchartered territory around Perth that we had not yet conquered. We were making plans on the fly and started heading up into the Perth Hills and much like the Adelaide Hills it is a gorgeous drive.

The first stop lead us to the Mundaring Weir and we took a stroll across the top of the weir overlooking the scenic dam and surroundings. A wrong turn then lead us to a charming little park in Mundaring where we had some lunch among the trees.

The final destination was now worked out and we set off towards historic York in the WA wheatbelt. The main street would have to wait another day for us as by the time we arrived it was late afternoon and some RnR was in order. We made our way a few kilometres out of town to the local caravan park and checked in for the night.

What the park lacked in an aesthetic sense was made up by the hard work of the owners providing spacious campsites and neat and tidy dirt pathways that looked to be constantly cleared and maintained. The park was certainly dated but given the TLC it obviously receives we knew we had landed in the right spot. Surrounded by bushland it was a quiet spot where you could enjoy your surroundings with a beer, book or both.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.272s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 52; dbt: 0.2307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb