Man its Hot


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Broome
June 2nd 2009
Published: June 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Green Jumping SpiderGreen Jumping SpiderGreen Jumping Spider

This little fella appeared, I think he wanted to help read my book
DAY 207

Again it was great sleeping on top of the bed with all the blinds down letting the warm night air drift in, we both feel a little lost at the moment as our house sitting deadline has been removed, and without going into too much detail it was us that decided that the cost of getting back to the sunshine coast for 24th June was just too unrealistic, it also meant letting someone down which had played on our minds.

We are back in Broome until Friday and we don’t have to deviate from the original trip, so for the next couple of days it will be time to get prepared to move on.

Broome is a fascinating place, its not big but it is as it is so spread out, with a population of 15,000, and is about the 11 o’clock position on a clock face, in the grand scheme of things.

Broome swells at this time of year as so many people are in transit following the sun, and is a perfect place to stop for a while, and discover this fantastic place, with yesterday being the first day of the peak season.
Anyone for a cuppa?Anyone for a cuppa?Anyone for a cuppa?

This little fella decided that my cup of tea might be more interesting I don't think he liked the heat, he soon jumped off!


I don’t know if we would survive a summer up here as I would imagine the temperatures get excessive, so being here in winter is just fine, with warm days at around 30-35 degree’s and cooler evenings at around 30 degrees, but very pleasant all the same.

After breakfast we jump in the truck and drive to the light industrial centre to a company who has sent off our UHF radio as it was poorly, but fortunately still under warranty, the guy said they flew it to the repair centre in Perth, which has now apparently closed down, then it went on to Adelaide, and it is now back in a flight bag being sent back up to Broome and should be here by Thursday or Friday, the good news is that they found the fault as a dry soldered joint had come apart and have rectified the problem.

We are pleased with his customer service and leave it with him and will drop by to see if it has returned on Thursday but for now we jump back in the truck and drive into town.
Parking the truck in the centre Caroline jumps out and exclaims “man, it is hot!!”

Walking around this morning we walk past a gallery of a local photographer, Nigel Gaunt there are some fabulous canvases and prints hanging in the gallery, we both think his work is excellent, we get chatting to the lady who tells us about his work and what kind of projects he gets to work on, she also tells us that he does 1, 3, 7 and 10 day camera courses around the region and he happens to be doing a one day course on Wednesday (Tomorrow).

Following some discussion, Caroline tells the lady she may drop by later but needs time to think about it, as we are walking down the street I say to Caroline that it would be good if she did this day course, and that she may get even better results from her camera.

It wouldn’t be fair to say ATGNI, (All the gear, no idea) as Caroline has had some brilliant results from her camera, but is no good having the “Gear” if you just treat something so complicated as just a point and shoot tool, a camera likes hers needs to be fully understood and used to the best of its ability, I know Caroline already uses the manual functions, but I often hear her talk about being able to use more of the functionality and improve upon things.

I’m sure Caroline didn’t succumb to my persuasion but decided to do the course, and was very excited about it, not to mention being out and about in Broome looking for some fabulous photo opportunities.

We grab some lunch and do a couple of post cards back to our families, we have a leisurely stroll then drive back to the camp site to enjoy what is left of the afternoon, so we can catch up on the blog and e-mails, well ok then and drink tea and read.

A while later we walk around to Andrew and Kirsty’s van to see if they got back OK from Cape Leveque, they had and were both exhausted, we let them settle back in and agreed to see them later as it was tight a*se Tuesday at Eagle Boys Pizza and you can get two decent Pizza’s for under $20.00 bucks which is not to be sniffed at.

They came around to us at 6.30, they were surprised at how far our site was from theirs (we are on the same campsite) Andrew commented that he wished he had packed a light snack and a swag for the walk over. Anyway no sooner than they had arrived we jumped in the truck and drove into town to order our Pizza’s, it was busy so we had to wait half an hour and devoured some garlic bread while we waited, once collected we took them back to camp and devoured them like a hungry pack of Hyenas.

As the evening wore on we down loaded some software they were wanting as we still had loads of data availability on our Telstra Next G plan, which was easy to do, and at around 10.00 they wandered off home and we hit the sack as It was up early in the morning for Caroline so that she could go off on her photographic event feeling refreshed.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb