My last few days


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Albany
August 6th 2006
Published: September 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Wow, i woke to sun shine, that hasn't happened ofter. My first stop today was down a 10km dirt road, (don't tell the car hire company) in search of a giant tingle tree. This tree has the biggest base in the world around 24 metres. Everything in this country seems to have to either be the biggest, tallest, greatest or fastest!!

Either way the base of this tree is so huge you can drive your car through it. A little futher down more dirt roads, (sorry hire car company) and I reached the valley of the giants. If I hadn't seen enough trees in the last 2 days here were some more. This steel walkway takes you for a walk around the canopy which i suppose is slghtly more intesting. Once back on the ground I headed back for the coast and Williams bay. This must be the most beautiful bay I have seen. Massive clear blue waves crashing down on huge rocks in the ocean spraying white water high into the air. These rocks then create a perfectly still crystal clean lagoon with its ripples lapping a perfect white sand beach. Its amazing how the raging ocean and the tranquil lagoon exist together. After many photos had been taken and i'd landed on my arse after trying to jump across wet rocks I continued to Albany.

Albany is another lovely town. Its primarily a port town but built up within a beautiful sound it has numerous beaches, inlets and crashing waves. The whole afternoon was taken up driving the peninsula, stopping at each bay and cove, each so different from the last and each was so beautiful. The huge crashing waves continued all down the coast producing amazing scenary.

This part of Austrlia has been so nice thats its been good to end my adventures here.
The following morning I was up at 6.30am to get on the road and do the last 4 hours back to Perth.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb