3 February 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Albany
February 3rd 2012
Published: February 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Weather-wise the south-west of WA has been very cool (low 20s most of the time) but we're not complaining. Sleeping is much easier and this morning we didn't stir until after 8:30 and that has been by far the latest we've slept-in since late December.

We made it to Albany by late morning and set up shop in a caravan park at nearby Emu Point. During the afternoon we decided to go out for dinner; a bit of a novelty considering it hasn't happened since last year.

Trip advisor provided us with a few options and we narrowed it down to an Indian restaurant called the Curry Leaf. I thought I should try and look respectable so I did away with the shorts and got into some jeans and a new shirt (kind of weird not being in shorts and thongs and generally looking like a bum).

We were unsure of what we were getting ourselves into when we arrived for dinner as the venue was actually a part of a local motel. In the end it was a feast for the senses; better Indian would be hard to come by and the venue was quiet and intimate. If you are ever in the area make sure to give this a go.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0194s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 998.7kb