Albany


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Albany
March 10th 2010
Published: March 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

4-3-10 Thursday, Up & at it today as we had to do groceries , get gas, fill up gas bottles, get bearings for jockey wheel, a new TV cord , Blah, Blah, Blah !!! All finished with & the girls in the van since 9am we headed for The Whale World, it was a good & interesting day, It is amazing , it was Australia’s last Whaling Station & closed in Nov 1978. With many interesting exhibits, I am glad to see the end of such a horrible, but probably necessary industry for the time. Dennis was fascinated with the steam engines & the Whaling Ship Cheynes IV which we could climb over. We saw the processing factory, the Shark , Spectravision Theatre, & the 3 D Giants Exist movies, all good. We had lunch at the café there & then called into “The Blowholes” which was a walk & a half & I nearly killed myself. I would have hated for Den to have to carry me up the 2 km hill . The worst part the “Blowholes” was not blowing, but the coast line was great. I hobbled & puffed up the hill & was ever so pleased to see the car park. We then headed to Natural Bridge & the Gap, which was spectacular & we were impressed. We headed for home, the girls were glad to se us & had been good in the van, considering it was 4pm. I put away the groceries & then caught up on my diary & photos. We got tea & watched TV. We might stay another night or two as we have not seen a lot & there is plenty to see. It has been 18 deg today, cold & windy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0753s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb