En Route Back to Perth!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Albany
December 10th 2007
Published: December 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We hit the natural blow holes first which don't shoot water but just air! It was a trek down to the rocks to get there but was pretty cool. We all have achy arms and legs from our climb up the tree - well those risk takers amongst the group - ha ha! It was a slit int he rocks about 2m long and you can hear it rumbling forst then it makes a crack and shoots the air up - Marilyn Monroe style if you're wearing a skirt! the noise made me jump though the first time it went off and it was quite tame today!

Next we went to "The Gap" and "Natural Bridge" which is another rock formation and pretty impressive to see. the gap is about 30m high and it's where the waves crash in and have bashed the rocks down. the Natural bridge is rocks and the waves have bashed in underneath and there is now a bridge. You can see the waves crashing down underneath which is cool. They get freak King waves overhere which you have to be careful of - we try to stay away from the edges but it's not always possible - wooo danger!!!

we then popped to middleton Beach for morning tea, lovely but no comparrison to the Green Pools! Next stop was Mount Barker and the Goundrey wine tasting - we are in Southern OZ you know! This was much better than the other place we went to, John, the wine expert gave us lessons on what to do and look for and described different things,. Wine gets ruined by light, temperature and vibration so not the best idea to carry one round then as a treat! I liked the red wines though which surprised me as I always drink white! Some of the wine has just been launched int he Uk in sainsburys and I would reccommend it, it's nice! John was very informative and helpful which was good - I'm getting even more prepared for the wine tasting evening Chris - make sure it's when I am back!

After that we hit the road to perth for a few hour trek back to the city! It's been a good few days and have mananged to see a lot. The people were cool and jenna's workign at the mo but going to Sydney later and Alexis and Chris a couple are in NZ when we are so we are goign to try and meet up with them which will be cool! There's a lot of natural things to see down in the South which is lovely but as you may have gathered so it was a bit jump on and off the bus every 2 mins! Loved my climb up the 61m tree though! excellent!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb