Must Drink Coffee


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Essendon
August 28th 2015
Published: June 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

We land in Perth and again we feel like zombies. We catch the bus to the domestic terminal. It seems to be a long way away, and Issy wonders whether we're on the right bus. It would be a pity to have come this far without getting on the wrong transport only for it to happen when we're within touching distance of home. Issy says that we must try to stay awake. I tell her that I've drunk coffee and suggest that she does the same. She gives me the look. She can't even stand the smell of coffee.

We board our flight to Melbourne. The pilot tells us that it'll be a quick trip due to strong tail winds, so we text Scott and Troy to tell them to pick us up half an hour early. We then sit on the tarmac for three quarters of an hour without moving, and no one tells us why. It's ten degrees and grey when we land, so we're definitely home. Coco seems moderately pleased to see me, but goes crazy when he spots Issy; he won't let her out of his sight. Sid's cool; I don't think he'd noticed we'd left. Emma comes home from work to complete the family reunion. The house didn't burn down and no one murdered anyone else. We're home; our great adventure is over.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 16; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb