10 Days to Go


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria
December 12th 2014
Published: December 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Whew! Travelling is exhausting and we haven't even left home yet!

My head is spinning with the things we need to do before flying out on the 22nd.

There's 2 months of bills to pay (and of course all the BIG bills arrive in December... land tax, 2 x car registrations, house insurance, rates to name a few).

Then there's mail collection and arranging to have any outstanding bills paid while we are gone, house sitting, arranging transport to the airport (the list is endless).

But I have allowed myself to start getting a little bit excited. Five months ago we decided that we would have a red hot go at trying to travel to Europe (2 adults and 3 kids... one "kid" has since turned 18 so is now an adult). It meant a huge level of saving and planning and of course those who know us also know out spending habits and LACK of planning. It has been challenging to get to this point to say the least. One of our main motivations is that the kids are learning languages at school and it will be a chance for them to consolidate their skills.

My husband Dave had to apply for holidays and the children will have to miss a small amount of school. Two months holiday were forthcoming so we started planning in earnest.

We have previously spent three months in Europe 4 years ago so we are not complete newbies, but that trip was a huge learning curve and there are things we will do differently this time.

Now I am at the point where it is actually starting to seem real. I think I will go and find some suitcases...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb