My Trip


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria
January 5th 2010
Published: January 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

On Jan 18th I will be leaving for around 5 months overseas, where I will be visiting USA, Canada England, Ireland and will be traveling around Europe on a Contiki tour.

With just 13 days til i leave I'm still trying to organise details such as accommodation flights trains and other unimportant details!

Also preparation has started for the going away party! an integral part of going away!

Advertisement



26th January 2010

The Flight, Vegas and Yuma
On the flight over i was unable to get much sleep, mainly because of the guys sitting next to me needing to go to the batch room every 30 mins and because of the flight attendant wearing too much cologne kept hitting my knee with the trolly! Other than that it was a good flight. Annie was at LAX waiting for me to get off the plane, so we went straight to Vegas! As i'd had a severe lack of sleep over the last 48 hours, as soon as i got to vegas i slept for a few hours then went had dinner and saw the Circue de Soleil show LOVE which was amazing! :) the next day i didnt get outta bed til 12:30ish... so Annie took me to the international house of pancakes (IHOP) as she beleives that everyone should expierience it! afterwards we did some shopping and went to the casino's for some drinking and gambling, which is what we mostly did for the next couple of days in Vegas, there was a few other things we wanted to do but it was raining the WHOLE time! However i was able to go to a shooting range and finally see how my skills on the video games related to the real world.. first of all i had to choose a gun... so i decided on a hand gun and a semi auto rifle... of the hand guns i chose the beretta... mainly because of steve saying "as long as i gotta beretta im down for wateva!" and of the semi auto's i picked one that looked like the M4 from Call of Duty. Later i was told that these two guns are actually in the girls pack... im still struggling to see why they were girls guns... but the instructor brought out a gun with pink handles just for me!!! :D but then explained that it had the best scope on it! After Vegas Annie and drove me back to Yuma which i slept most of the way! :P Friday night we had dinner at a teppenyaki restaurant then headed over to a bar where we had too much to drink, but it was fun!! I saw sherlock holmes with annie and a few of her friends... then got to bed nice n early so we could be nice n rested for the LETTUCE festival! The lettuce festival was like an oversized school fair for oldies... good fun! From there we checked out the Yuma prison museum... which was pretty cool!

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0757s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb