Journey south to Adelaide...(and then to Adelaide Hills)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria
March 31st 2008
Published: March 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Outback to Flinders to Adelaide


Date visited: 25-26 March

We travelled south for what felt like ages. After a walk with some scenic look-outs in the morning we began our 7 hours of driving towards Adelaide. Unfortunately we didn't make the hills south of the city before dusk - not wanting to play dodge-the-roo we checked in a hotel in central Adelaide instead.

This place ended up being the epitomy of an oz hostel - dirty, big, loud and full of 18 yr olds. We managed to complete our functional tasks of showering and laundry washing before hitting the sack. Sleep is a good escape!

Adelaide didn't impress - whether we were in a heavy suburban area or what I don't know but it was busy loud and ugly. The pedestrianised zones/parks/nice bits must have been elsewhere, if they existed at all. The urban sprawl was huge. Yuk.

We checked out Mt Lofty and the nearby botanical gardens, only an hour from Adelaide where we saw some very colourful parrots and some other birds (unidentified!) which sounded more like a laughing monkey.

The Adelaide hills contained some quaint villages but we didn't really hang around as we had our ferry to catch to Kangaroo Island...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.237s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb