Driving the Great Ocean Road


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Wilsons Promontory
December 22nd 2008
Published: December 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Big HillBig HillBig Hill

I dragged Rach up Mt Oberon in Wilsons Prom, but what a view.
Melbourne was great, a really good city to visit. A nice mix of people, culture, and cafes and bars.
Walked around the town, visited the local markets and the beach, making full use of the free local transport. Found some great drinking spots, little bars and cafe's that were begging to be frequented. Took time to get my hair cut by one of the Tracy Brothers from Thunderbirds. Needless to say he did a good job even if he did comment on my greying locks.

From there we grabbed our camper van and visited some great places along the coast. I have attached a few pic's.

Highlights have to be the Great Ocean Road, little places like Princetown and Apollo Bay. Yarra Valley was superb, quaffing wine at Moet and Chandon was a real chore. Wilsons Prom was well worth the trip, some superb views and close encounters with the local Wombats. Last night we were in Eden where after a few bottles of wine and a pint or two of the local stout and we were far from paradise!

So tomorrow Sydney, and looking forward to it.

Hope you all have a great Christmas and New
SunsetSunsetSunset

I do like a good sunset. This one over Norman Beach is a cracker.
Year. It will be a strange one this year being in Oz, looking forward to all of the presents that I know Rach will have packed for me. Thanks for all the messages, it is good to hear from you all.






Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Christmas GreetingsChristmas Greetings
Christmas Greetings

For all you back home, have a great Christmas.
Dinner time - It's A Hard LifeDinner time - It's A Hard Life
Dinner time - It's A Hard Life

Dinner by the Campervan in Eden.


Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb