warnambool


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Warrnambool
February 4th 2008
Published: February 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

31-1-8 parkup hillside sun bursting out after night of light rain and overcast morning. top spruik in post holidays go slow on street. coffee and good read at cumberland resort on corner. two hours and two cups later did the do on only street where reeencountering other travelers to tell tales of places i've been. three dollars! for perked coffee the american way and i'm watching the most interesting presidential process in decades. decision time usa. at last aussie signed kyoto, is saying sorry and is getting out of iraq. can flag be far behind? i think not so here we go. referendum for republic in three years bringing flag to the forefront perfect timing or at least sheer persistance has got to be worth something. did read parliament opening feb 13 so that's a 'must'. maybe worth a week, get in early for the celebrations and max visibility. i'm excited. exquisite day.
feb 1 08 trapped in lorne. those tencent showers and three dollar bottomless cups, that row of cypress, yellow behind the coastal green, that old pacific pub facing the brunt of bass straight and southern ocean. kookaburra gone. spiders too. did have a stoush with a couple in the camp area. will leave a legacy of flags and stickers in lorne but. swim in surprisingly warm, that is to say cool, water and found free hot shower!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.277s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.2234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb