Day 41


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Wangaratta
March 19th 2011
Published: March 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

We left Echuca to visit the BEER SHED, reputably the largest beer can collection in the world.

A couple of incorrect turns but we found the shed, not expecting a great time loser, but were pleasantly surprised to walk into a huge shed that had not only the an abosulty huge collection of cans from all parts of the world, but it includes some of the rarest on earliest ever created beer cans.

Also some really wonderful collections of signs, bottles, soda syphons, to name but a few of the relics in this private “part time” collection.
It was an amazing time “waster” but who cares about time, we had no appointments, and we enjoyed the time and the interesting anecdotes given by the guy looking after the building for his mate.

After about 2 hours we began our journey again towards Wangaratta, but with a side excursion to check out the “The Big Strawberry” (Since the visit to the Big Lobster” we have chosen to check out the “big Things”.

The diversion to this “icon” was taken, but the coffee shop sales area was a little disappointment

So we had lunch in the van and moved on towards our destination.

We pulled into Wangaratta and found our chosen home to relax and head for the pool for a swim, and this time it was the “Old Fella” that took the plunge first.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb