The Dates are Set


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Torquay
May 6th 2006
Published: May 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

 Jan Juc  Jan Juc Jan Juc

Me ant Jan Juc beach
Hey Everyone

FINALLY I've been placed at a camp and I have a date I'm leaving YAY!
I am scheduled to leave on the 14th June to get to camp on the 16th June.

So here are the details: I'm going to CAMP ECHO LAKE in upstate NEW YORK. Check the site out www.campecholake.com. I've recieved all thes booklets and DVD about the camp and it looks awesome. Big plus is they have a huge Arts department where i'm sure to feel at home. Oh yea my position is FINE ARTS SPECIALIST, so that means I get to plan and orgnanise some of the art programes over the 8 weeks that I'm there. CRAZY even more is that I will have a group of kids that I will be responsible for and that also means sleeping in the same dorm as them. Not sure what age group I will get yet but could be anywhere from the age of 9 to 18. This will be an experience for sure.

I have to go straight to camp, I don't get to collect $200 or go past go. American govenrment are so tight with there security its crazy. And getting my visa organised....well thats nuts... so many forms.



I've decided to stay at work until the end of the month which is really not that long now. Extra money will help. I've already sold some of my stuff and I have someone who wants my computer. This just may all fit into place.


I'm having to re look at getting my Canadian visa as I need to have around $10,000 in the bank to apply, don't think I'll make that amount so the plan now is to have another holiday there after the camp and see if I can get sponsored while I'm there. Someone told me the done thing is to borrow the money until you get into the country but not sure. Just have to see how that goes.

So from here I'm to finalise my visa and flight details and all will be set and ready to go

I'm sure I'll be back soon with more info

xx



Advertisement



9th May 2006

well good to hear that u are all sorted, hope all goes well just sorry that we won't be ab;e to hook up before you go but then again maybe we will, i may be home sooner than even i thought, well i trust this finds you well and excited xxxxxxx

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb