Getting to Cape York from Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Sunbury (Australia)
February 4th 2015
Published: February 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

OK Now I have had to re write this post. We were waiting for new Black Widow draws to turn up and this afternoon I found out that Black Widow have gone into liquidation and the draws I had ordered will not be made. Not happy. I got my deposit back from TJM which is great. I have now already ordered draws from ARB using "Outback" draws. Their draws are of the same quality. I get them in 3 weeks time (earlier than the original draws).

New update on our route. The towns we are going through to get to Cairns (which is the real start to our adventure are Echuca, Hay, Cobar, Bourke, Cunnamulla, Charleville, Tambo, Blackall, Barcaldine, Hughenden, Conjuboy, Ravenshoe, Atherton and Mareeba. Basically we will be taking the most direct route to Cairns. Once we get to Cairns the route is planned as follows: Port Douglas, Cooktown, Laura, Coen, Weipa, Batavia downs, Moreton Telegraph Station, Bramwell Roadhouse, Fruit Bat Falls, Jardine River Ferry, Seisa and finally Cape York Tip. Phew that is a big list. Following the last posts and while we are waiting for the new Black Widow Drawers to arrive, we are now working out the route to the Cape. We will do Alice , Cooper and Mt Isa on another trip.

Here is a link to the new draws: http://www.4wdinteriors.com/roller_drawers.html




Once we get to Cairns the real adventure will start.




PS: I also ordered side steps and side protection for the Troopy. They get fitted on Friday.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb