Sanantone touring Oz.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Port Fairy
January 19th 2014
Published: January 21st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Yambuk caravan Park is lovely, right on the ocean but a bit protected by the dunes. There's a huge sand slide on the beach side of the dunes, good playground for the kids at the boat ramp which aren't really part of the park but you have to come through the park to get access them so very handy. No good with the fishing, too hot and windy for most of the time so did the tourist thing.Port Fairy is about 20 mins away and very pretty but extremely busy at this time of year, still summer school holidays.Portland is about an hour away heading towards South Australia and a lovely place, used to be a whaling port but thankfully now just cargo but a lot of history regarding whaling. Warrnambool is the largest place around, about 33000 pop.Gateway shopping centre is a nice cool venue when the temp reaches 43C as it did for a couple of days earlier in the week. A gusty cool change came through on Friday and Saturday and today are cool and windy, around 20C.We head off to Mount Gambier in South Australia tomorrow crossing the border where we've been told you can't take fruit into S.A. and have to leave it in bins at the quarantine station at the border. We've eaten most of ours anyway. Staying in central part of Mount Gambier so can organise some work needed to be done on boat and van.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0972s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb