A Canadian in Australia - thirty days. Day 11 - The Arch, London Bridge, The Grotto, Bay of Islands Coastal Park, Thunder Cove and lots more


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Port Campbell
March 9th 2019
Published: March 9th 2019
Edit Blog Post

After visiting the Twelve Apostles, it was time to visit the lesser visited areas of Port Campbell National Park. These included numerous unique rock formations within the park such as The Arch, London Bridge and The Grotto. All are unique in nature and worthy of a visit. They lie just west of the Twelve Apostles. Further west yet is the Bay of Islands Coastal Park. This is an area of numerous bays, coves and beaches the majority of which also have the rock formations and sea stacks of the area. In my view these are more impressive than the "touristy" Twelve Apostles, with fewer people visiting. I covered the area in detail visiting Wild Dog Cove, Halladale Point, Bay of Martyrs, Massacre Bay, Croft Bay and the Bay of islands. All of these areas have the typical coastal vistas, the unique rock formations and sea stacks, as well as, in some cases, access to a marvelous beach. In addition to my many stops, I hiked from Halladale Point to Wild Dog Cove. The trail was around three km and a cliff walk hike.I even visited Worm Cove and actually got my feet wet as the water was so nice with the temperature a perfect 25. My last activity of the day was to revisit Loch ard Gorge and complete the two km stroll to Thunder Cove and Broken Head. The former was uniquely shaped such that the water made a rumbling noise as it entered small holes in the cove. A marvelous day with this so far being the most picturesque area.


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



12th March 2019
London Bridge

so beautifull,

Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 22; qc: 100; dbt: 0.1058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb