The road trip continues.....


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Philip Island
January 18th 2008
Published: January 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello!!

Road trip still going well and apart from a very dodgy start every morning as our lovely little van, Mavis, scares me to death and almost refuses to start (often in the view of our amused fellow campers as the 'pommies' fail to get their van started) She always pulls through in the end! We now know why we got it at a discounted price!!

Cordy wants me to mention the Canberra Art Gallery - a bit remote...but great! We were very impressed. A great varied collection - Monet - Degas - Pollock - Rauschenberg and tonnes more.

We are now on Phillip Island. Spending a couple of nights down here and so today had the chance to explore the island. We went to Nobbies - basically huge rocks in the sea - where seals gather (though not this morning 😞 ) But it was a beautiful place to go to this morning before the tourists arrived and we had the view to ourselves (Yes, we are now earlier riser campers!!)
Visited the Koala Conservation Centre - gorgeous! Saw loads all perched in the trees.
Seeing the Penguin Parade tonight - hundreds on little penguins run up the beach to nest at night - so that should be funny. Apparently we have to wrap up with hats and scarves ... because we have that kind of gear?! But we can understand...it gets pretty cold in the van at night and we are SO glad we were provided with sleeping bags - good old Camperman!!

Before here we were in Eden - another gorgeous spot on the beach - actually on a Spit - so we had sea on both sides. There was a 'happening' that night, hosted by the Rotary Society. The guitars came out along with the flutes and then a family took it upon themselves to sing - von trapp stylie ... it was delightful!
We were treated that night as a neighbour took pity and offered us her left over Spaghetti Bolognese - yum! Though we did feel like tramps!! (see mum - we are eating well!!)

Right - off to find our Campsite in Cowes (infact linked with Cowes on the Isle of Wight - oooooooooo!)

Lots of love

issie x and Cordy x x

Ps,...im fine after my 'teetering' experience ...yes it was pretty scary, but i
ScenerySceneryScenery

We had some beautiful roads along the way and this was just from zooming along a highway
calmed myself with a juice and 2 Nice biscuits since we were out of Brandy.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



3rd February 2008

penguins
i wish i could have seen the penguin parade and the koalas! looks like you're having fun, the views look beautiful and you seem to be v tanned. Lucy xxx

Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb