Day 14 - Memories of Kansas


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Numurkah
December 11th 2020
Published: December 11th 2020
Edit Blog Post

For dinner last night we cruised into Yarrawonga and enjoyed a wonderful Indian meal. We've tried, Turkish, Indian, Chinese and Italian food recently so think it might be back to the pub for a parma tonight. On the ride back from dinner we stopped by the wier and hydro station and then were treated to a magnificent burnt orange sunset on the way back to the caravan park.
We had a solid 82kms to do today. First stop was Numurkah at 58km and then another 24km on to Nathalia.
For those that read my USA Blog you will remember that Kansas is flat, very very flat. Well, this part of Victoria might be considered Australia's "sister region" to Kansas. The billiard table level country side stretched out on both sides and had either wheat, barley or dairy in the paddocks.
We made great time in the morning, again making best use of the cooler part of the day and little wind. We got to Numurkah by 11:15am and had an early lunch. From here it was only another 24kms to Nathalia and we were in town by 1pm - a very early end to the riding part of the day.
Jeff had floated a camping option for the night while I preferred the air conditioned comfort of a motel room with soft clean beds and a shower. To my surprise Jeff actually changed his mind, I think it was the bed for his afternoon nap that did the trick.
The plans for the rest of the ride have changed again. We'll be riding to Echuca tomorow which is only 50 odd kms. We plan to then catch a train to Bendigo and stay there the night before riding the rail trail to Heathcote. From there we'll ride to Seymore and catch the train back to Melbourne. That could have us back in Melbourne on Monday night (unless we change plans again!).


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.411s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb