Melbourne - Young and jacksons


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
February 15th 2015
Published: February 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi, forgot to say that when we visited the public house called Young and Jacksons, we were told to look at a beautiful painting called 'Chloe' as it is very famous and is a Melbourne icon. The pub itself is lovely, nice decor, modern and old. We went upstairs to see famous 'Chloe', which apparently has been hanging there since 1900's. Yep, there it was, very impressive, not the sort of thing you would think would be hanging there, but very nice. There is history about Chloe, turns out she was a parisian's artist's model called Marie, aged about 19 years old and committed suicide. Not sure if that is true as it turned out she threw a party, boiled a soup of poisonous matches, drunk it and died, something to do with unrequited love !! Really !! But that's what the Melburnians (as they are known) believe !

Also the photo of the tram is one of the very old trams in Melbourne, it is free and you can hop on and off and go around the city. They have no air - conditioning and seem to cater for the homeless who spend their days going round and round the circuit line. It has a very distinctive odour inside !! But it is free, no complaining there !


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



15th February 2015

Lovely blog and photo's yet again. You have to experience the good and the bad! At least the homeless have somewhere to go! Love to u and stu. Xx

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb