patterns in the sand ...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
February 13th 2015
Published: February 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

On our long journey back to Perth we had the radio on, every 1/2 hour the bush fire update would come on which now lasted for 15 minutes and you could really hear it in the presenters voice the massive impact it was having, we also drove through patches of smoke, not only could we smell it we could also taste the fire. On arriving in Perth the car had a thin layer of ash.
A bit of a lye in then off to the airport on the way the bush fire updates reported the road we were on yesterday was now closed due to the smoke.
A pleasant hop over to Adelaide, on arriving in the city it became clear there were more shops, restaurants and in Keith's words "wacky ". The hotel was a boutique hotel, OK if you like that sort of thing. our first sight seeing trip was to the SACA (South Australia Cricket Association ) ground which was just a short walk over the river. They were preparing for a friendly between India and Australia and we were able to walk around the ground.
Day 2 we went to Glenelg on the tram and spent a
Long Beach at RobeLong Beach at RobeLong Beach at Robe

Fran drove 8 km along this beach and still didn't reach the end
day by the beach and finally I have found a hat that fits. I can't tell you how many hats I have tried on, but at last I have one!
Keith goes and picks up the car and comes back with a jeep 4 wheel drive thingy, we then head to Robe, 3hrs later and straight km after another we arrive to stay at Robe House which was the first house to be built in Robe and very quaint too. Only had one night here and we had a 'DIY' breakfast, they supplied the food and Fran had to cook it. The untimate experience was just up the road at Long Beach. You were able to take your vehicle on the beach, so Fran drove the Jeep along the beach for 8 km making pattens as we sweaved from side to side and wrote our initials in the sand with the Jeep's wheels. we then had fish and chips parked 6 feet from the waters edge watching the sunset, very romantic. Our next stop is Port Fairy so off we went travelling on the Great Ocean Highway.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Sunset at RobeSunset at Robe
Sunset at Robe

Fish and chips take good whist watching the sunset


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0655s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb