Explore Five Amazing Towns along the Great Ocean Road Tour


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
November 17th 2014
Published: November 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The Great Ocean Road, one of the most dramatic coastal drives in the world, and is winding along the southern coast in Victoria, Australia. The road is a winding stretch of road distancing 243 km along the Australia‘s southeastern coast, and much like route 44 and other famed roads in large countries. The road was formerly built by the returning soldiers at the end of World War (One as a testament to their fellow servicemen) and extends between the Victorian cities of Torquay to Warnambool.



· Torquay



Your journey start of the Great Ocean Road is the surfing town of Torquay, which is located about 22 kilo meters south of Geelong. This town is most well-known for Bells Beach that is outside of the town. The Bells Beach Surf Classic, Easters, the longest running surfing competition of the world takes place, magnetizing top surfers from across the globe. If you want to know more about the history this amazing town, then you should visit the Surf world Australia Surfing Museum, which hold a collection of surfing memorabilia. The best way to explore this beautiful town is book great ocean road day tour from a liable Sydney based travel agency.





· Lorne



It is an outstanding holiday spot or town with a population of 1,300. Lorne swells with tourists and visitors during the summer, and plenty of Victorians have holiday homes in this place and for good reasons. It has easy access to the out way Ranges and beaches on the other side. One of the most must visit tourist spot here is Erskine Falls and there are many other admirable rainforest walks to keep to tourists busy.



· Port Fairy



This is a pretty and historic town, and has more than 50 listed National Trust buildings. It is a busy harbor with full of yachts as well as fishing boats catching crayfish that are the local specialty. You can try to catch one of the music festivals of the port fairly, which appear to provide for all tastes if you have time during your great ocean road tour. You can take a boat from the wharf to Australia’s only submarine volcano. At Lady Julia Percy Island, which is home to one of the biggest colonies of fur seals, you can find dolphins, great white sharks and whales, excluding seals.



· Shipwreck Coast



Why is named because about 200 ships are known to have perished in the nearby unfaithful waters. You can get more information about this place at most visitor center between Port Fairy and Moonlight Head. Shipwreck Coast is home to many interesting coastal formations such as those at London Bridge and Loch Ard Gorge, but Twelve Apostles are the most popular. These (Twelve Apostles) are 65m high limestone columns rise up out of the sea.



· Apollo Bay’s



These are gorgeous crescent formed beach, which makes it one of the most striking towns along the Great Ocean Road. Visitors and tourists can get updated travel information on the sights as well as can get all the details about the activities of Apollo Bay at the great ocean road tour Information Center.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb