Australia - Melbourne - Center - St Kilda


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
March 5th 2011
Published: March 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So we are now in Aussie, due to everything that happend it is hard to set our brain back to holiday mode. Here on the outside everything is normal. our heads are still in earth quake survival mode. Every time we see an open shop, selling water we get surprised.
We ended up staying in a knocking shop in the central of Melbourne, recommended by the airport information!.
We got seperate dorms, sleeping in bunk beds, in 45 degrees heat, shared with 3 teenage strangers.
The party and the noise was never ending. All we wanted was sleep and rest, we checked out after 2 nights, half dead.
We had not slept, eaten or drank much water for the 4 days during and after the earth quake.

We took a long walk to the next place we were going to live for a couple of nights.
At St Kildas, this is an area in Melbourne that is by the beach, you get the feeling, mini LA. Sort of a very posh Blackpool!! (that sounds stupid and luckily Ilona has not been to Blackpool to correct this!!
The buildings are all old colonial buildings with a lot of charm. Its also quite victorian with a fair ground. One day we could see that 20 people where stuck on the highest point on the rollarcoaster ! lucky we did not get on it as our blog would start to sound like a fictional horror story!
it was without doubt a very nice place. we checked in to a modern and more organised backpackers, and we finally had a good night sleep! However, the place had had a flood not long ago, and the kitchen was out of action. So they supplied us with free food. Food is not the word accosiated with thick wall paper paste, and we only ate it once!

there is not much more to say about our stay in australia.
for us it got shadowed by the happenings in Christchurch, an escape plan!!!.
before we knew it we were back at the airport to fly to Malaysia.
We spend only 6 days in Aussie, to be honest, Aussie is to expensive for poor backpackers anyway!
however there is a lot of rich kids in St Kilda!!!!

G'day



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0299s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb