We're Away


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
January 3rd 2011
Published: January 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post



Getting up at 3 am on Monday morning for the first of our 13 or so honeymoon flights, we left Cairns and flew firstly to Brisbane and then on to Melbourne. At Melbourne airport we were met by my very good friends Paul and Sue Robertson who met Keiko for the first time. They took us out to lunch along St Kilda beachfront and we spent a lovely afternoon chatting and walking around the St Kilda precinct before Paul and Sue dropped us off at the hotel and we bid each other farewell.

Hotel Pensione

We were pleasantly surprised when the lady at reception told us we had a room upgrade. After seeing the room, I would have hated to have seen the room we were supposed to be in! Although very modern, the room had just enough room for a double bed, had no window, except for a skylight right above the bed, and a bathroom which was smaller than most broom closets. The skylight let in plenty of natural light... especially at 6 am in the morning when it shone straight into our sleepy eyes.

We shopped around Melbourne (as you do) for the next day, rode trams, ate very well, and Chris even got to buy a new phone... and then proceeded to delete all of his contacts!

Off to the airport for the

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb