big city


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
March 27th 2006
Published: March 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

First I must mention that on the day of my arrival at Torquay, the local newspaper, the Echo, grabbed me off the street and did an interview and photo. Expect an article this Thursday.
After a casual Sunday drove to Melbourne. Nervous about arriving at dusk and the closing ceremony of the Commonwealth Games was on. No real problem though and woke Monday for assualt on Melbourne. Went to Age, Sun Herald and local newspaper offices. Left contact details. Hot shower at train station. Weather cool and cloudy. Reasonable response. Met a guy who had done a flag design which he showed me on his laptop. He had spent a lot of money getting flags printed and websites. Hadn't really sold any of the hundred he'd had made. He called it the seven gold stars, one of which was a sun. Felt empathy for him but not design.
Today train in to city which now feels a bit familiar. Chinatown for cheap email. Tonight meeting a friend for drinks with lawyers. He's promising a sail tomorrow.
As for Melbourne it seems to have a very interesting architecture. There's old stuff and some wildly modern buildings. I'm still trying to find the spruiking hot spot.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.275s; Tpl: 0.04s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb