A few more nights in Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
March 21st 2010
Published: March 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

We spent the next couple days in Melbourne checking a few things out in the city, which is about a 15 minute drive from Tarra's place, or you can catch the train in which takes about the same. We went to Queen Victoria Market which we had been to a few times on our last trip to grab a couple things and some pizza lunch, did some yoga, went and saw one of Tarra's friends' friends' band play in Brunswick, and Brett did a few odd jobs around TP's place, we had to earn our keep some way! And on Saturday night we went and saw The Pixies show which was one of the other reasons we had originally headed down this way. They were touring and celebrating 20 years since the realease of their "Doolittle" album. 20 years, whoah! How old are we??? Anyways, enough about that... It was a super good show, some interesting people watching, and amazing to see how much time people spend on the phones texting and twittering. The one girl in front of us spent probably 90% of the show twittering about how good the show was, how many bogans were there, (and yes I was peaking over her shoulder, I had to see what she was writing about that often!) and then about how she was going to try and come to the show on Tuesday, which she better since she missed 3/4's of this one. Maybe I should too since I was busy trying to see what she was texting about half the time! haha.

Brett also got a call about some work (the dreaded word!), but since it's been awhile, and this work involves using our passports, tickets for us both, accommodation and 2 or so weeks checking out a new spot, we decided why not?! So we are off to Hong Kong on Sunday night, good thing we can pack up pretty quick and easy and we can keep our truck and caravan at TP's, and she even provides an airport shuttle service, couldn't ask for more!




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0774s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb