A Pinch of London and A Hint Of Manc on the good old Great Ocean Road!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
March 6th 2006
Published: March 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today we had booked to go on the Great Ocean Road day trip, with stops at different view points along the way..........................................

Our first visit was to Narana Creations which was an aberiginal centre where we watched a guy play the digerido which was cool and he taught us about traditional hunting weapons (??)

After there we visited Bells Beach which is host to the big surf comp over Easter........ weather not that good today so doesnt look as pretty as it would if it was sunny.

On our journey to the next view point we past Split Point Lighthouse, now a B&B but was used to film the Aussie programme "Round the Twist"!!!!! A childhood favourite of mine so was buzzing off that!!!!!!

We eventually arrived at the Great Ocean Road and the start of it is marked with a memorial Arch (the 3rd to be built as the 2nd was burnt in a huge bush fire in '83 ish) There are some amazing houses out here!!

Ahhhhh we stppped at the side of the road and saw koalas living in the wild- cute little things! High up in the trees like big balls of fluff!

We had a walk through a rainforrest (Maits Rest) which was beautiful, learnt a little bit about trees- always useful!! And saw a dead Possum!!

We had a nice lunch- Falafel Pitta (Carl you should think about these for your place- great veggie option too! Eaten so much of it I think I am turning into a Falafel ball!)

Next stop was the 12 Apostles- which I was most looking forward to- and they didnt let me down- the view was spectacular! The weather was just perfect for it- there was an option of a helicopter ride- dirt cheap but it wasnt backpackers budget- mum wish you were here as know you would have done it with me!

Further down the ocean road was some kind of ship wreak which you cant see as under water so that was a bit of a wasted stop if you ask me!!!!!

Then we stoppped at The London Bridge- which colapsed in the '80s........ with 2 people stranded on the end of it who were actually having an affair so when it collapsed obviously lots of press turned up and their story was out in the open!!!!!! Opps!

Well must be the highlight of my day but as we were walking to the London Bridge I thought I saw Hailey from Corrie but dismissed it thinking there was no way!!!....................................... but when we returned to the van we saw her driving off in a camper van!!!!!! Couldnt believe it! Was gutted I didnt manage to get a picture with her!!!!!!!!

It was a great day, very tiring with lots of driving involved- so i slept lots!

But it was well worth the money and our tour guide was very good (Chloe- looked like Oliver!) so got more info than we would have had driving it on our own x




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



9th March 2006

hayley
thats were hayley is,on the street she has gone to visit a sick uncle,little liar.xxxxxxx
9th March 2006

Bells Beach hay....... You did'nt see Patrick Swayze or Keanu Reeves did you? lol. Bells Beach is where they filmed the final seen in Point Break.

Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 64; dbt: 0.1183s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb