Hucks calendar shoot.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
March 19th 2009
Published: March 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We had a call from Hucks breeder a couple of weeks back, she had been invited to being a couple of Dane puppies along to the 'Guide Dogs' 2010 calendar photo shoot. She had kept one of her last litter for herself, and she thought of Huck.

So, yesterday I took the day off and took Huck along to Rippon Lea Estate, a stately home close to the city. Emma nipped out from work as it was close by and met us there.

Huck thought it was great to see his brother, Chevy, again. They ran riot. Unfortunately it was only 5 minutes until the photo call, so Huck was still hyper when we were trying to stage them for some pics.

Chevy posed with a little black lab guide dog pup, then Huck joined them and they had a few shots of the three of them. Talking to the photographer afterward, he said that they take 13 sets and pick the best 12. He was 99.9% sure that the Dane pics would make it into the calendar, but that's not to say it will be the pic with Huck in. So, we won't know until August/September when the calendar comes out. Although, we'll probably find out through Carol (the breeder) if they made it before that.

Huck & Chevy are totally different characters. Chevy is really laid back and follows Carol everywhere. He was happy just to sit quiet wherever she was. Huck, on the other hand, just wanted to play with everyone and everything. He and Chevy played really well together, they got a bit rough though, and Huck ended up with a bloody nose.

We took him to Emma's office after that as Emma wanted to show him off. He thought it was great, he was so well behaved (seeing as he was completely shattered), so he just lay there and let anyone wonder up and fuss him. I popped him into my office on the way home and he fell asleep in my bosses office and didn't want to leave. He slept from about 2:30 yesterday afternoon pretty much right through to this morning. Poor fella was bushed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.041s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb