the great ocean road


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
December 12th 2004
Published: December 12th 2004
Edit Blog Post



had ham & cheese croissant for breakfast. added a cappuccino and i was happy to part with my AU$6.85.

the tour bus picked us up from the hostel @ 10:25. there were four of us from the Base hostel. after a few more pick-ups around town, we headed west to start our Great Ocean Road tour (AU$75). there were about 18 people altogether - people from Ireland, UK, Australia, China, Japan, Korea, France, Singapore and me). The couple from Singapore gave me their phone number when they found out that i was going to their country.

the sceneries were great. although it got a bit misty and cloudy by mid-day which makes all the photographs flat and ugly. i did see some wild koalas and wild birds (parrots, etc...) who joined us for lunch. on our way back home at night i had my first live encounter with a kangaroo. it died two seconds later - got hit by our bus. i was sitting right at the front and as soon as i saw it, and it seeing me, the bus hit it and all i heard after that were its bones cracking and body getting ran over.

here are the highlights of the tour from some tour company's website: http://www.greatoceanrd.org.au/highlights/apostles/index.asp. i'll post my own photos later when i get the chance to upload them online.

we got back home to Base just before midnight. that was a good day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb