Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
November 4th 2007
Published: December 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We didn't have that much time in Melbourne, Thom had already stayed there for ages & our schedule was really tight - so we made a quick visit to have some fun on Melbourne Cup Day & catch up with my old pal Angie (from when I lived in Sydney).
We think the pictures speak for themselves here so enjoy!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

QuestionQuestion
Question

What do you do when you realise how tight your budget is going to have to be for the next year of backpacking? Blow too much money on 2 "Fat Bastard" burgers and eat your troubles away! (I took my leftovers in a doggy bag though and we did eat it over the next few days). Surely that is kind of economical?
The RaceThe Race
The Race

Lots of shouting going on there on the corner of Flinders Street in Melbourne CBD.
Bringing the Norfolk Stare to MelbourneBringing the Norfolk Stare to Melbourne
Bringing the Norfolk Stare to Melbourne

Despite my looking rather vacant on this pic, I'd just picked the winning horse. Shame we didn't bet any money though.
Frangie & LozzaFrangie & Lozza
Frangie & Lozza

Both giddy on seeing each other for the first time in yonks.
Frangie embodied in one fine picFrangie embodied in one fine pic
Frangie embodied in one fine pic

Multi-tasking goddess!
When you gotta go.....When you gotta go.....
When you gotta go.....

This is Ange's sister's boyf - a pure Aussie bloke having a great day out! Beaut!
Soaking up the CultureSoaking up the Culture
Soaking up the Culture

On Melbourne cup day, this is what you HAVE to do to celebrate those horses correctly.
Angie's on the ProwlAngie's on the Prowl
Angie's on the Prowl

Believe it or not, this pic was not set up in anyway. We have no idea who that guy is - but Ange, you can rest assured that your skirt flick move definitely works!


Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 73; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb