Our first dinner party (kinda!)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
September 23rd 2007
Published: October 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Second time lucky with the sofa I am pleased to report.

Well, it wasn't without problems. The poor delivery bloke, who was Lebanese, parked his truck round the corner at the wrong entrance to our building, unloaded his truck, lifted the three parts to the new sofa to the door - and then realised it was the wrong door.

So he carried it all the way around the corner (which is a good wee distance), up the stairs and then unpacked it in our flat. Only at that point did he ask for payment.

Claire was at home so passed him my credit card number - no luck. He tried again - still no luck. I called the shop directly (where he was calling into with the number) and gave them the number myself - still no luck.

I eventually had to call the credit card company back in the UK and tell them that we were in Australia and could they please put this payment through - which they did. The delivery driver was as happy as us and skipped away shouting “I am so happy” - I bet he checks addresses and payment details first next time! So we had a couch - the apartment was starting to feel more and more like home!

So now we had somewhere to sit, we could invite Eddie and Bernadette over for some drinks and nibbles. We had a fab night, Claire made Mexican food (I was allowed to do the rice).

Perfect ending to our weekend!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0676s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb