4 days in Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
April 24th 2007
Published: April 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We loved Melbourne! It seemed to be such a great city from what we saw and it was a great place to arrived into Australia!
We explored the city for the first two days and manage to squeeze in a famous Neighbours night in St Kilda within 12 hours of arriving in the country - Good Work!
For those of you who aren't in front of the computer tutting at us, we saw Dr Karl Kennedy, Connor, Michelle Scully and Janelle. At the end of the evening Dr K's band played (called 'Waiting Room'!) They are quite good and Dr K loves being on stage singing in an English accent to all the backpackers.
As if that wasn't a big enough taste of Neighbours - we also went on a Ramsay St Tour (When in Rome you've got to go and see where they film the Roman soap haven't you?!) Guess who got on the bus to say hello!? Karl, again! I feel like we know him now. Twice in one week though! Phew! So Neighbs' fans - check to the pics at the bottom to see the houses and Dr K and Lou's garage etc.

The Great Ocean Road was a major Melbourne highlight. We road tripped with Asha again and cruised all the way along, passing through Lorne and Apollo Bay and also stopping to see the 12 Apostles and The Bay of Islands. It was a beautiful day and a 'Great' coastal drive. Gorgeous blue sea!

More on Melbourne - A noticeable shift from the cities in NZ, in size, people, shopping and the atmosphere in general. Federation Square was cool, there was a band playing there in the day. We also saw Melbourne Central, parliament, South Bank and the Queen Victoria Market

From Melbourne and Karl Kennedy we flew to Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef!


xxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Dr KDr K
Dr K

On Monday!
Dr K ...Dr K ...
Dr K ...

On Thursday!


4th May 2007

You losers!!
I'd blatently do the same tho - lol! Hol - you look like you're flirting a little bit with big Al'!!!! x

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb