Melbourne - Day 27, 28, & 29


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
April 5th 2007
Published: April 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Melbourne is a great city. People walking everywhere, tons of public transportation, the city is alive with action. Melbourne has unique and distinct neighborhoods with fantastic architectural detail and of course there is the bustling Queen Victoria Market. Our first day here we took the train to Belgrave station in the suburbs. We wanted to check out the Dandenong Range and take a ride on the Puffing Billy steam train wich winds along some pretty scenic areas. I think we may have been the only ones over the age of 8 years old not accompanied by and adult but it was totally worth it. We got off the train at Emerald Lake and spent an hour and a half walking around the surrounding park. Too bad our neice and nephues were not with us, the trains looked just like Thomas and friends!
Our second day in Melbourne we got to know the City. We cheked out Queen Victoria Market which was much more than we expected. It was a huge covered market that has been around since the late 1800s. There were the typical flee market goods - t-shirts, fake purses, but there was also miles of fresh fruit and
Queen Victoria MarketQueen Victoria MarketQueen Victoria Market

Where's Molly?
vegtables as well as whole buildings of seafood, meat and pastries. Wow! It was really busy with people shopping for the Easter holiday. We also got a chance to walk through some of the outer neighborhoods of Melbourne. One interesting area was called Fitzroy. It was full of unique shops, galleries and Pat thought it would be fun to shave his head, so we popped in to a barber for haircut and two beers - $15 including the beers - what a steal!! Looking good Pat!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



13th April 2007

i like australia already
hahahahah yesss they serve beer at the barber shop? amazing.
16th April 2007

The pleasure of a shaved head!
This is something that girls will sadly never know (except Britney Spears, apparently). There's nothing like waking up, brushing your teeth, taking a quick glance in the mirror and being ready to go because there's no hair to style. If I weren't always trying to impress girls with the stupid gaudy pompadour I have, I'd buzz it all off weekly. Keep the updates coming! And check www.jeffdahlin.com when you have a moment, you'll like it!

Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb